the little things.

2.06.2012

A lot of huge events have happened this week. Some I’ve shared with you, darling reader, and others I’m still trying to process. You will hear about those in due time, but I’ve notice that it’s been the little things that have most helped me adjust to life in TZ. Here are a few of them: 
IMG_2525
  • early morning devotions and coffee while being surrounded by the overwhelming beauty of God’s creation right in my backyard.
relishing part of the 5 Kilos of coffee i bought in Mbeya. so.much.coffee.
oh, you know. Just enjoying some of the 5 kilos of coffee i bought in Mbeya... no big deal.
  • ‘Waffle Wednesday’ at the Caraways. Lot’s of waffles, more coffee, and fellowship with the other missionaries.
  • Playing “rock, paper, scissors” (jiwe, karatasi, mkasi) with little Luka Caraway.
  • Leading worship at Thursday night Bible study.
  • Morning prayer time with Brook.
  • Volleyball in the Sherman’s backyard.
  • Hiking down the huge hill to the river/waterfall (and huffing and puffing to climb back up)
  • visits to the village
IMG_2594
on our way to the village
Every day my heart grows even more attached to this place. It’s true that in many ways life is difficult here, but I am learning and growing.  It seems like I have just arrived, (which, in the right  perspective, I basically have) but yet it feels like I have been here forever…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to hear your updates, Emily! What are you using to brew your coffee?!

MHL

Anonymous said...

You will be spoiled for any other kind of coffee now! We're so happy you're happy and getting settled in. We love you always!

Post a Comment